Doctor insights on:
How Do I Burp A Baby
Find what works : There are many ways. From putting the baby in your shoulder to sitting him on your lap and pat his back. Mid feed or post feed, the important thing is finding what works for you and your baby. Breastfed infants tend to burp less than bottle fed babies. If your baby has not belched after five minutes of trying you may want to let the baby sit at a 45 degree angle for several minutes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Good question!: Although you think this is a simple question, it's more controversial than you think. Some pediatric gastroenterologists think burping is a waste of time, but i always like burping, and it gives both the burper and the burpee a sense of satisfaction. My favorite technique: over the shoulder with gentle patting of the back. The nursery favorite: sitting baby in her lap with gentle back rubbing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below:: 1.Hold baby with chest & tummy against your shoulder and with one hand supporting his bottom while the other rhythmically pats his back. Place a burping cloth or towel on your shoulder. 2. Place infant tummy down across your lap anf pat. 3, burp baby while he is sitting up on your leg leaning forward with your hand under his chin for support while the other hand pats him on the back. ...Read more
It can vary: It is impossible to tell how many taps it may take to make a baby burp. ...Read more
Don't Panic!: I have seen many a new parent drive themselves crazy trying to "get a burp" out of their baby. If the baby has swallowed excess air, he/she will usually burp shortly after feeding, especially when put in a more upright position. But, if there is no burp, don't panic! worst case, baby may spit up....Nothing more dangerous or uncomfortable than that. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i treat a cough on a 7 month old baby?
- How do i tell if something is wrong with a baby in the womb?
- How do i know if my baby has a headache?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a baby two years ago how do you get rid of the baby wait my 1st child
- How do i get a bead out a baby nose?
- How do i know if my baby and i have formed a good bond?
- How does a baby get omphalocele did i do something wrong?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online