Doctor insights on:
How Do Doctors Treat A Broken Hand
I was bitten by a dog and sufferred some puncture wounds and a broken hand. The doctor prescribed amoxicillin. Its rwo days later and the swelling h?
Depends on fracture: Depends on fracture. Treatment can be anywhere from taping; to closed reduction and putting in a splint; to surgery with internal fixation. The treatment options should be discussed with your surgeon. And fyi, there are orthopedic surgeons who just do hand surgery if you are looking for an appropriate physician for consultation and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Carefully!: It depends on what was done during surgery. If the broken bone was fixed rigidly with plates and screws, you should be able to begin early motion and functional use. On the other hand, if only pins where used to fix the fracture, you might have to wait 6 weeks for full bony healing before you can move the hand. Talk to your surgeon about, immobilization, activity restrictions and exercise. ...Read more
Depends on: The break. If the fracture is in good alignment it may be treated by casting. If it is poorly aligned it may require manipulation then casting. If unable to align the bones with manipulation or if the fracture is unstable it may require surgery to pin or plate the fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See a physician: If a broken bone in the hand is supected you should consult with a physician to get an accurate diagnosis before treating this yourself. There are other conditions that can cause pain, swelling and disuse that could be detrimental if neglected. A physician consult should be obtained to have the child examined and x-rayed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do doctors treat a broken blood vessel?
- How do you treat broken collar bone?
- How do you treat a broken hip?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do integrative doctors treat ankle sprain?
- How do complementary doctors treat congenital hypothyroidism?
- How do complementary doctors treat diverticular disease?
- How do complementary doctors treat blepharitis?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free