Doctor insights on:
How Do Doctors Diagnose Brucellosis
An abnormal condition where endometrial tissue, that normally is the lining of the uterus, is located outside the uterus around the tubes, ovaries, or pelvic surface. The displaced tissue, just like the tissue lining the uterus, bleeds during each menstrual cycle. Endometriosis can be very painful, and can result ...Read more
Doctors as a young adult i had titer for brucellosis what. Are long term damage if any, are night sweats a part anything of concern?
Few years ago I had brucellosis. Since then my lymphocytes are slightly above the normal. Is it safe or should I go to a doctor?
Antibiotics/support: Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for six weeks plus streptomycin 1 g daily im for 2-3 weeks. Gentamicin may be an alternative to streptomycin. Another choice would be doxy plus Rifampin 15 mg/kg daily, both for six weeks. If symptoms involving the heart spine or nervous system develop, hospitalization and more intensive regimens are indicated. ...Read more
The tests for Brucellosis include:: Biopsy, Blood culture, Bone scan, Complete blood count, Cerebrospinal fluid, Xray of chest, CSF culture, CT of spine, MRI of entire spine with and without contrast, CT of head, MRI of head, Liver function test, Xray, Synovial fluid analysis, Brucella antibodies. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do doctors diagnose ibs?
- How do doctors diagnose arteriosclerosis?
- How do doctors diagnose meningitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do doctors diagnose coronary artery disease?
- How do doctors diagnose a ruptured spleen?
- How do doctors diagnose amniotic sac disorders?
- How long do cases of brucellosis usually last?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online