Doctor insights on:
How Do Doctors Determine Whether I Need A Hard Cast Or A Soft Cast For My Hand
Type of fracture: Whether you are placed in a splint ("soft cast") or regular hard cast depends upon the type of fracture you have, and the length of time you will need to keep it on. If the fracture is minor, stable and will heal in a short period of time, a splint is easier and often more comfortable. If your fracture requires 3-4 weeks or more to heal, then a cast is more durable and more practical. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Doctors don't know what's wrong with my hand, had 3 aces done seperatly, 1 cast, 2 weeks... Worse like it hasn't gotten better. No fracture. Confused!
I broke my ankle. The doctor said it was on a non weight bearing bone. I was given an air cast. Will i need anything else? It has been a week since i went to the ER with the broken ankle. Is it likely that i will need a hard cast or could this be it? I h
I no i don't drink at lot of water my stool is very hard and i strain a lot .Went to doctor jan said need fiber.Insert my hand and i felt something hard like a bump .Can it be my feces that hard help.
Yes: Increase your water and fluids like tea/hot coffee. Then add fruits and vegetables to your diet. Increase these until you achieve a daily bowel movement without pain. Consult your doctor if it is with blood or requires straining that makes you faint headed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My hand is a darker purple color after having cast removed from 4th metacarpal break 2.5 weeks ago and fingers casted are still hard to move. Is it ok?
18yrs but get wet hands most of the time. Sometimes it's hard to write.best thing to do? Only aware of surgery to cut the nerves, a doctor told me.
Hi i bashed my elbow quite hard on the bus a couple of hours ago and now it's hurting i've got pins and needles in my hand, should I go to the doctors?
Supposing you already had a broken hand in a cast & you fell very hard on that hand, could you get a broken wrist too?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i need a cast for a sprained ankle?
- What some arm workouts i can do while my broken hand is in a cast?
- How long do you need a cast for scaphoid fracture?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will i still be able to play computer games with a soft cast on my right hand
- I have a twitch in my thigh muscle for 3 days now how do i get rid of it
- How long will you need a cast for a broken thumb?
- What kind of a doctor should i see for joint pain in my hand?
- What if i dont get a cast for my broken hand?