Doctor insights on:
How Do Bacteria Cause Food Poisoning
Food poisoning: Many organisms that create food poisoning do so by producing toxins and may not be present in sufficient numbers to alter the taste or appearance of the food. Some, which create disease by direct multiplication in the gut, also do so in numbers that will make their detection nearly impossible. If allowed to progress in growth, changes will occur that may cause you to avoid eating them. ...Read more
Can bacterial food poisoning cause a red blotchy rash that doesnt clear up, even with benadryl. What is the rash...what do I do?
Other considerations: I agree that this could be related to an infection. If the rash is associated with any respiratory or swallowing difficulty this may be a severe allergic reaction. Your physician should be notified if this does not improve or is associated with other symptoms. Food poisoning tends to improve rapidly but may cause dehydration. Allergic reactions may last days or longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does eating smaller meals lower risk of food poisoning because you are less likely to consume a large number of bacteria?
NO: Even a small amt of food with the wrong bacterial can cause problems. It is not the quantity of bacterial but the type that cause the problems. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do bean sprouts cause food poisoning if not heated properly?
- How do i know i have food poisoning?
- How do you know if you have food poisoning?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do the symptoms of food poisoning last?
- What causes cuts on your tongue and how do you heal them?
- How long do the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning take to go away?
- Why do spicy foods cause diarrhea?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free