Doctor insights on:
How Could You Splint A Human Broken Leg
Could you tell me what good techinques are there for srcatching and taking a shower for a broken leg?
Caution: There are no good techniques for scratching because this would involve accessing an area which is not visible because it's under a cast or splint - and that is not recommended. Showering can sometimes be done with a garbage bag or similar protection to keep the leg dry. Ask whether you are appropriate to switch to a fracture boot, which would make it much easier to shower. ...Read more
Fracture Dependant: It depends on the bone that is fractured, the site of the fracture, and the pattern on the fracture. Treatment can range pain medication and crutches with limited weight bearing, to a brace or case, or to surgery with internal or external fixation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Let it rest: Let it rest - get a cast or a boot if recommended. There is nothing else that you need to do immediately. You may need to go to pt once the immobilizaiton is off or you may help the part of the affected limb by doing some exercises to help preserve its functionality, but this will not necessarily affect the healing process of the fracture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Where in leg?: Where was your 'leg' broken. 'leg' to ors means tibia/ fibula ( between knee and ankle). Did u have surgery or casted , etc. If u had surgery was your bone 'rodded' or plated or other . Please be more specific... Thanks! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you splint a broken hand?
- How could you put socks on with a broken arm?
- How soon could you swim with a broken clavicle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How could you tell if a finger hinge joint is broken?
- How can you have sex with a broken leg?
- How to tape legs for shin splints?
- How do you regain flexibility of the knee joints following a broken leg?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free