Doctor insights on:
How Could I Tell The Difference Between A Sprained And Broken Finger
Finger Fracture: An x-ray and examination by an orthopedic physician is the best and most accurate way to determine this. He/she will be able to determine the appropriate course of treatment and return to activity guidelines. Hope this helps and best of luck! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can't really tell: You can't really tell for sure without an x-ray. Some sprains can be so painful that it mimics a fracture. However, if you have a fracture and it is not fixed properly, it can lead to permanent dysfunction of the joint or nerve injury (e.g. Pain). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My son slammed locker door on finger. How can I tell if it's just a sprain, jammed, or broken finger? He says hurts to move it.
Xray : The most accurate way is performance of radiography or xray of finger. Sprains and soft tissue injury in general are shorter in duration of symptoms. Deformity, point tenderness, discoloration, interruption in movement are signs of fracture. Any or all of signs and symptoms may not be present and vary in degree. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
One of my fingers feels like it might be broken - what is the difference between a broken finger and trigger finger? how could i tell if it's broken?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell the difference between a hemorrhoid and an enlarged prostate?
- How can i tell the difference between eczema and a normal rash?
- How do i tell the difference between thrush and a symptom of measles?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell the difference between dry skin and scabies?
- How can i tell the difference between pancreas pain and gall bladder pain?
- How to tell the difference between a heart attack and gas?
- What is the difference between a broken and sprained thumb?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free