Doctor insights on:
How Could I Tell The Difference Between A Sprained And Broken Finger
A sprain is a medical term that describes an injury to soft tissue structures in the area. Common examples are a lumbar sprain, in which you might injure muscles in your back; or an ankle sprain in which you could injure ligaments about the ankle. Sprains can be from mild to severe, and so ...Read more
Finger Fracture: An x-ray and examination by an orthopedic physician is the best and most accurate way to determine this. He/she will be able to determine the appropriate course of treatment and return to activity guidelines. Hope this helps and best of luck! ...Read more
Can't really tell: You can't really tell for sure without an x-ray. Some sprains can be so painful that it mimics a fracture. However, if you have a fracture and it is not fixed properly, it can lead to permanent dysfunction of the joint or nerve injury (e.g. Pain). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My son slammed locker door on finger. How can I tell if it's just a sprain, jammed, or broken finger? He says hurts to move it.
Xray : The most accurate way is performance of radiography or xray of finger. Sprains and soft tissue injury in general are shorter in duration of symptoms. Deformity, point tenderness, discoloration, interruption in movement are signs of fracture. Any or all of signs and symptoms may not be present and vary in degree. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
One of my fingers feels like it might be broken - what is the difference between a broken finger and trigger finger? how could i tell if it's broken?
Thoughts with regard to applying darwinian medicine (e.G., no nsaids) to minor injuries (sprains, contusions, and broken fings./toes)?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to tell difference between wrist sprain and fracture?
- How can you tell if a finger is broken or sprained?
- How to tell if your finger is broken or sprained?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Difference between a sprain and a broken ankle
- Difference between sprain and broken wrist
- How to tell difference between carpal bone fracture and sprain?
- How do you tell the difference between a sprain or a break?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free