Doctor insights on:
How Could I Tell If I Have Broken My Thumb
X-Ray is best way.: Taking a simple x-ray is the quickest way to determine if there is a fracture. A walk in clinic equipped with an x-ray machine should be less expensive than a hospital er is you do not have insurance. If you have a physician, an exam could steer you to the right place, perhaps to an x-ray facility with a script in hand for the x-ray. Missed fractures may lead to complications like displacement. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have these little brown dots under my skin on the tip of my thumb can anyone tell me what it could be?
It depends: What is the cause? Osteoarthritis is a common cause which can be treated with simple anagesics, rest, physiotherapy. There are other causes of course of thumb pain (vascuar, neurologic, orthopedic, infammatory, etc) its not an uncommon complain that a primary care physician sees. There are ot's and pt's that provide therapy, advice, splinting, ultrasound and hot parafin treatments. ...Read more
Apparently: There are many apparently. Sometimes it is a problem as it can cause great consternation. ( i would also not do it in a job interview.) there is the risk of developing an overbite requiring braces to repair it. There is some evidence that if not outgrown it can lead to overeating and even smoking. (cigaretts not digits). ...Read more
Please: Consider having an adult or someone who is at least 16 years old ask this question for you. You need to be at least 16 years old to post questions on Healthtap. Thanks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if my thumb is fractured or broken?
- How could i tell if i have a bone infection?
- How could i tell the difference between a sprained and broken finger?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell if my finger is broken?
- How do i tell if my finger is broken?
- How could i know if my elbow is broken?
- How could i know if my knee is broken?
- How can i tell if my thumb is broken?