Doctor insights on:
How Could I Know If I Have A Hairline Fracture In My Hand
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
While at work i noticed my right middle knuckle was sore especially with any pussure against my hand. Could this be a hairline fracture?
Depends: Did you hit it on something? Then yes. If not then an inflammatory issue is more likely. An xray would be helpful... ...Read more
Pain on palpation: Of the affected area.Get a more detailed answer ›
How long does it take a small hairline fracture take to heal in metacarpal area of hand in an active 25 yr old?
I got hairline fracture in 5th metacarpal bone in hand 15days back im using splint, how much time i would continue splint?
Repeat Xray or MRI: Initial xray may not show, but should in about 2 wks or so. An MRI is a much better test for for small fracture. A bone scan can also show this. If you did not have trauma, fracture is not likely. Use of antiinflammatory med such as aleve/motrin for pain, and a wrist splint may help quite a bit. Rest, but should have some gentle range of motion to avoid stiffness. Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read more
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if i have a hairline fracture in my pinky toe bone?
- How would i know if i have a hairline fracture in my foot?
- How do i know if i have a stress fracture in my heel and how do they treat it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a way to tell if i have fractured a bone in my hand?
- How could i know if i have a problem with my pessary?
- How do i know if i have arthritis in my hand?
- How do i know if i have a sti in my mouth?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free