Doctor insights on:
How Contagious Is Your Herpes After Having It For Over A Year
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
I was just diagnosed with genital herpes, after the out break is gone am I contagious. I am a 52 year old male?
Not once rash gone: Herpes infectious in all its forms (cold sores, genital and shingles/zoster) is contagious as long as the rash is present, and the sores are healing. Once gone, the virus "goes to sleep" in the body, usually along a nerve and can reawaken due to various things like stress. While rare, some people can transmit the virus through bodily fluids without lesions, so nothing is quite 100%.Use condom! ...Read more
Myths: That is myth and no longer even part of a expert physician's practice. What is your specific concerns about your health? ...Read more
I've had herpes for 11 years but have not had a outbreak or sore in almost 10 years. How contagious am I?
I'm just wondering, if you haven't had a herpes simplex type 1 outbreak in years, is it still contagious?
I have a small herpis outbreak on my penis about once a year that lasts about 7 days. Am I contagious all throughout the year?
No: Herpes is a virus that causes outbreaks in the skin. You are generally infectious when you start feeling a sensation on your penis even when no visible lesions are present (prodromal stage). You are also contagious during the outbreak as there is typically a large amount of viral shedding at this point. Once the lesions dry and are resolved, you are not contagious. ...Read more
If my groin lymph nodes are still swollen does that mean my herpes is still shedding/ contagious. My sores have been gone for over 2 weeks.
When is a cold sore no longer contagious? I know herpes is always there but when is a lesion "safe"? Is it after the scab has fallen off?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many days after your period is it safe to have sex?
- Is it normal for your nipples to hurt after not wearing a bra for just one day?
- Is it normal to have a fever and chills after starting antibiotics for a uti?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should it take for a pinched nerve to heal after the pressure is off?
- What does it mean when your voice is hoarse for over a week?
- Is it normal for a 6 year old girl to have breast lumps?
- Is it possible for a fractured rib not to heal after a year?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free