Doctor insights on:
How Contagious Is Cardiomyopathy
Clinical Trial Now: Use of adult mesenchymal stem-stromal cells (mscs) are currently in clinical trial in us/internationally. Trend is toward use of fat derived mscs, havested by liposuction, isolated and concentrated in tissue culture. Early reports suggest significant improvement in neurological, autoimmune and organ functions. Many more mscs in fat than bone marrow making ad-msc the center of most research now. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many different ways: Cardiomyopathy is weakened heart muscle contraction. Most common cause is prior heart attacks. However, there are many other potential causes: alcohol (or cocaine) abuse, viral infection (especially coxsackie virus), genetic mutations in certain cardiac structural proteins, uncontrolled hypertension or diabetes, hiv, and toxins such as certain chemotherapy agents are some of these. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varies: Often none in the early stages, but chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, leg swelling, cough, lightheadedness, palpitations may all be occurring at some point. Be aware though that having one of teh above symptoms does not mean that you have a cardiomyopathy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- How long is mrsa contagious after antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is hand foot and mouth disease contagious?
- How long is herpangina contagious?
- How long is walking pneumonia contagious after starting antibiotics?
- How long is c diff contagious after antibiotics?
- Talk to a cardiologist online