Doctor insights on:
How Common Is Tetanus In The United States
Very rare: About 30-50 cases of tetanus are reported to the cdc annually in the us, and unlike in the past, only about 15-25% die. This low # is attributed to the high vaccination rate. As a starting point, for more information, see: http://www.Cdc.Gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5203a1.Htm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
"Lockjaw" starts 1st: spasms of face & neck, with drooling, difficulty swallowing/breathing. Spasms progress to entire body, with arched back & neck. They last a few minutes, but are relentlessly repetitive for 3-4 weeks (if patient lives that long) & strong enough to break bones or suffocate the patient Systemic signs include high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, sweating, nervous system dysfunction & death. ...Read more
Depends on location: Neonatal tetanus is more common in situations where mom was never immunized or incompletely immunized leaving the baby without maternal protection at birth. Add that to the localized practices & problems result. Cutting the cord with a contaminated blade, or the application of dung ( practiced in some cultures) to speed cord stump separation & theres a good chance baby will get neonatal tetanus. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bacterial diseases: The most important thing for you to know that these are both bacterial diseases that have been conquered by immunization -- so long as we can get the immunization to people, overcoming superstition and slick disinformation campaigns.The bacteria are still very much with us. Both diseases are agonizing and often lethal. ...Read more
Yes: It is not uncommon if there was trauma. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is hepatitis c in united states?
- What type of parasites are common in the midwestern united states?
- What type of parasites are common in the southern united states?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many people have cancer in the united states?
- How to calculate your body fat with the united states navy circumference method?
- How many cases a year of the plague occur in the united states?
- How many people in the united states have programmable pacemakers?
- Talk to a pediatrician online