Doctor insights on:
How Common Is Skin Peeling After A Sunburn
Sunscreen: Daily application of a broad spectrum sunscreen will help prevent this predicament. Once a sunburn has occurred, it is important to use an oil free moisturizer to encourage recovery of the epidermal and dermal damage. Use of an oil free cosmetic may be used to camouflage any spots until the skin heals. ...Read more
Don't Pick & Peel: The best thing to do after a burn is to apply cool compresses and Hydrocortisone cream. Once the peeling begins, it is best to keep the affected areas as hydrated as possible by application of copious amounts of moisturizers. Avoid picking or peeling away the skin so that the new skin is given a protective covering under which it can heal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Use soothing lotion: Use any soothing lotion as the peeling will be followed by new skin and do noy try to peal the skin yourself. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Prevent skin peeling after sunburn
- Stop skin peeling after sunburn
- My skin is peeling after sunburn
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Get rid of peeling skin after sunburn
- How to remove peeling skin from a sunburn?
- How to speed up the peeling on sunburned skin?
- Sunburn peeling skin treatment
- Talk to a dermatologist online