Doctor insights on:
How Common Is Simplex One Oral Herpes
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
No: Good news, no.Get a more detailed answer ›
If a person has oral herpes simplex virus 1 and their partner has it to, can they both be sexual active, like kissing when the cold sore heals?
Yes: Oral herpes simplex virus-1, can be transmitted to the genitals via fellatio or cunnilingus, just as hsv-2 can be transmitted from person's genitals to an other person's mouth. Thus you should avoid oral sex with anyone with a sore on his or her mouth. Hsv is extremely contagious even in the absence of symptoms or visible lesions. Thus beware! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is oral herpes?
- How long should oral herpes simplex last?
- Can you get genital herpes simplex virus 2 from someone who has oral herpes 1?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get genital herpes simplex 2 from someone with oral herpes simplex 1?
- What is the difference between herpes simplex 1 and 2?
- Is herpes simplex 1 an std?
- How many people have herpes simplex 1?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free