Doctor insights on:
How Common Is Radiation Cystitis
It is common: When we give radiation near the bladder or to the bladder it is fairly common. This only means an inflammation of the lining of the bladder. Radiation can irritate this lining and therefore the patient feels a sensation on urinating. It can be as little as just noticing it, frequency or frank burning. We have medication to ease this symptom and after radiation is complete it usually goes away. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Irradiation is the process by which an object is exposed to radiation. The exposure can originate from various sources, including natural sources. Most frequently the term refers to ionizing radiation, and to a level of radiation that will serve a specific purpose, rather than radiation exposure to normal ...Read more
Radiation cystitis: I am currently extremely limited in what i can do: ie walking lifting things, general household duties as I am in constant pain?
Radiation cystitis: Depending on when you received radiation therapy, your symptoms may or may not be explained by radiation cystitis. Generally irritation to the bladder to the level you're describing occurs while receiving radiation or shortly thereafter. Radiation cystitis that is noted cystoscopically years after pelvic radiation most often is not painful and does not cause urgency or incontinence. ...Read more
This is light of extremely short wavelengths typically produced either among the stars / in cosmic rays or by radioactive element decay. Gamma rays form the background of normal radiation in which we all live; it is substantially greater than the exposure we get from imaging scans or should get from ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is dark urine when taking metronidazole?
- Itching breasts before and during my period how common is that
- How common is it to retear meniscus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is it for somebody to get ureaplasma urealyticum infection?
- How long is a common cold contagious?
- How common is sepsis with food poisoning?
- How common is tetanus in the united states?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free