Doctor insights on:
How Common Is Prostate Cancer In Teens
Cancer is a new growth of any tissue with an ability to spread - metastasize - along blood vessels and lymphatic channels to near or far sites of the body with never-ending aggressiveness until the host succumbs to death by it or other related problems. Prostate cancer is one of them ranked as #2 cancer (after skin cancer) and & #2 cancer death (after lung cancer). 1 in 6-7 men in ...Read more
Why is prostate cancer screening so controversial? Its relatively common in older men, so shouldnt older men be checked before it can spread and kill?
Screening is hard: Prostate cancer screening is actually difficult, currently we don't have a really good test that reliably tells us if a man has prostate cancer.The PSA (prostate specific antigen) test used for cancer can go up and down and not always be due to prostate cancer. When we do prostate checks by digital rectal exam that can cause the PSA to go up. Many men have prostate enlargement and not cancer. ...Read more
I am 44 year old male, my dad had prostate cancer. i found a lump on the outer sac of my right testicle with pain. is this common or shld I worry.?
See MD: It could be an infection/inflamation like epididymitis, orchitis or testicular tosion, hernia, etc. You should see your md and have proper evaluation that will include an ultrasound to your testicle. Most likely, this has nothing to do with your prostate cancer history in your father. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The prostate is a gland that lies at the base of the bladder and surrounding a segment of urethra. It secretes a milky fluid that is discharged by excretory ducts into the urethra during the emission of semen. It is clinically important because enlargement of the prostate with age, and prostate cancer are two common ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is prostate cancer in women?
- How rare is eye cancer in teens and young adults?
- How common is pancreatic cancer in women?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is colon cancer in women?
- How rare is colon cancer in a 25 year old?
- How rare is colon cancer in 20s and why is it rare in young people if it is rare?
- Is diarrhea and vomiting common in stage 4 lung cancer?
- Talk to a pediatrician online