Doctor insights on:
How Common Is Pleurisy
If the suffix -itis means "inflammation of" what do peritonitis, pleurisy and pericarditis have in common?
Lining of lung: Pleuritis, or pleurisy, is an inflammation of the lining (parietal and visceral pleura) of the lung. It can result from a viral infection, which is a common cause of pleuritic chest pain in young adults. Other causes include autoimmune diseases, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, and drugs that can cause a lupus-like syndrome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pleurisy, or: Inflammation of the membrane caoting the outside of the lung and inside of the rib cage, can be caused by a variety of conditions including infections, tumors and trauma. By far, the most common cause is a viral infection that causes inflammation and therefore pain with each breath. Controlling the pain and giving your body time to fight off the virus is usualy the treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to treat pleurisy at home?
- How do you get pleurisy?
- How long does pleurisy last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can pleurisy pain last?
- Pleurisy or pericarditis how can you tell the difference
- How long can effects of pleurisy last?
- How long to recover from pneumonia and pleurisy?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free