Doctor insights on:
How Common Is Pericarditis
If the suffix -itis means "inflammation of" what do peritonitis, pleurisy and pericarditis have in common?
9 yr old son w recurrent pericarditis+effusion & chronic erythema nodosum, ruled out common diseases. Meaning of CH50 High, CD19 High & CD 16/56 High?
Pericarditis: Pericarditis is inflammation of the tissue covering of the heart. It is commonly caused by viruses and sometimes other infections or inflammatory diseases. There are other causes also. The viral form generally goes away itself but can recur. Other forms may need special treatment like drainage of the pericardial sac to remove fluid if it interferes with heart function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Most common cause of pericarditis
- What are the most common symptoms of pericarditis?
- Peritonitis pleurisy and pericarditis have in common
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for naproxen to help with pericarditis?
- How can pericarditis lead to a cardiac tamponade?
- How do pericarditis myocarditis and endocarditis develop?
- Pleurisy or pericarditis how can you tell the difference
- Talk to a pediatric cardiologist online for free