Doctor insights on:
How Common Is Lyme Disease
See below: Red, expanding rash called erythema migrans (EM) Fatigue, chills, fever, headache, muscle and joint aches, and swollen lymph nodes.Bell's Palsy or facial paralysis, neck stiffness, Heart palpitations and dizziness, Late stage Lyme has bouts of arthritis with severe joint pain and swelling ...Read more
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
See details: Neurologic, cardiac and arthritic issues are possible. ...Read more
Rash, flu symptom: There are a number of tick borne illnesses. To get lyme disease you would first have to be bitten by an infected tick in an area of the country with lyme disease. The early symptoms are a rash and sometimes fever, headache cold or flu like symptoms. This can be followed by other rashes, neurologic symptoms, joint swelling , joint pain, and cardiac ( heart) symptoms. ...Read more
Bite of infected tic: Lime disease is spread by ticks that have acquired the germ in the past and it stays in their system. A tick bite from another of the same species without the ld germ will not do it. The tick must get on your body, settle in for a feeding & feed long enough to pass the germ to you (hours). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lyme disease common fungal infections
- How bad is lyme disease?
- How to treat lyme disease in humans?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to tell if lyme disease is cured?
- Whats the most common injury done to a person by lyme disease
- What is the most common injuries that lyme disease have ever done to victims?
- How do you get rid of lyme disease?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free