Doctor insights on:
How Common Is It For Someone To Need An Endometrial Biopsy
Biopsy is tissue removed by needle or cutting to remove part of a body part. It is usually a small amount of material that is processed by a pathologist. Most of the time it is stained and looked at through a microscope to arrive at a diagnosis. Special processes are done for some tissues or problems. The purpose is to tell what the problem is (diagnosis). ...Read more
Endometrial stripe measuring 11mm. i am 37 and premenopausal. is this normal? do i need an endometrial biopsy?
Not necessarily: During what phase of your cycle was the stripe measured? If you have no symptoms such as irregular, heavy , prolonged, inter menstrual bleeding, observation is appropriate. The stripe thickness varies depending when in the menstrual phase it was measured, thicker in the second half of the cycle and thinner in the first half of the cycle ...Read more
Inside lining of the: Generally, in women over age 35 who have an increase in overall bleeding, the inside lining of the uterus is sampled to ensure its not uterine cancer. This is different from cervical cancer checked by pap. It involed inserting a tube with a suction device or brush in an an exam similar to a pap. It can make you cramp so take 2 aleve (naproxen) if u can. Don't worry, alot of biopsies and find few cancers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Minor: There are two types: a curettage and a biopsy. The lining of the endometrium is sample through the vagin and cervix. You usually don't feel anything as there are no nerves in the endometrium. Rarely, perforation through the uterus wall may occur, but this is an exceedingly uncommon and unlikely scenario. ...Read more
Cramping: The procedure is variably uncomfortable for different patients, but generally quite tolerable. Some patients may have some discomfort or cramping, during or several hours later, and may have some vaginally spotting. However, most effects are mild and very temporary. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is it for someone to need a total knee replacement?
- How common is it for someone to need a holter monitor?
- How common is it for someone to need a capsule endoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is it for someone to need a knee revision surgery?
- How common is it for someone to need a helical computed tomography?
- How common is it for someone to need a pulmonary function test?
- How common is it for someone to need a barium swallow?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free