Doctor insights on:
How Common Is It For Someone To Need A Knee Revision Surgery
Uncommon: It is relatively uncommon to require total knee revision surgery. It may be necessary for a number of reasons. The three most common are infection in the joint, loosening of the original components, and wear of the plastic (polyethylene) insert. ...Read more
Sure - a bit: I don't do these procedures, but see many patients who have had them. There is pain associated with the surgery and recovery - usually well controlled with medications. It seems most patients feel the pain was worse before their surgery - and essentially all of them, that I have seen, were glad to have had the surgery. ...Read more
Depends on type: If you are having revision reconstructive surgery such as meniscal repair or acl reconstruction that can often be done at an outpatient surgery center; if you mean revision knee arthroplasty/replacement that should be done at a hospital and will require hospitalization-talk to your surgeon re the postop plan; revisions are complicated cases with less predictable outcomes than primary surgeries. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
8-9 months: An acl revision is seldom as simple as a first time acl reconstruction, so rehab would often be a bit more guarded. However, given good graft fixation, and a well-performed procedure, the expected recovery should be the same. Expect 6-12 weeks for return to daily activities and 8-9 months ideally before return to cutting sports. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What is the recovery time from ACL revision surgery. This will be 5th surgery on knee, microfracture 5 month's ago.?
See below: Typically 6 to 9 months . I would check with your surgeon and he's knows best with the inside of your knee looks like as well as your general physical exam particular your ligamentous . Good luck thank you. ...Read more
Revision TKA: Revision of a total knee varies in complexity from just exchanging the bearing surface to removing and replacing the entire device. It depends on what is the reason requiring the revision. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is it for someone to need a total knee replacement?
- How common is it for someone to need a complete blood count?
- How common is it for someone to need a barium swallow?
- How common is it for someone to need a pulmonary function test?
- How common is it for someone to need a helical computed tomography?
- How common is it for someone to need a breast augmentation or enlargement?
- How common is it for someone to need a capsule endoscopy?
- How common is it for someone to need a holter monitor?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free