Doctor insights on:
How Common Is It For Somebody To Get Swollen Gums
Swollen gums: The most common cause of swollen gums is poor dental hygiene (not brushing enough). In this case the gums also tend to bleed when brushed. Swollen gums is very unusual for a person with good dental hygiene. Other causes include allergies, drug reaction (particularly dilantin), leukemia, and other disease that can cause infiltration of tissues with cells or abnormal proteins. ...Read more
Proper oral hygiene: Swollen gums usually caused by colonies of bacteria that are left there for a while. Proper brushing and flossing will remove them. At first it will be sore when you brush and floss, you may even have some bleeding. But after 2 or 3 days the sensitivity, bleeding, and swelling will subside. Also please go see your dentist and have examination and proper cleaning of your teeth and gums. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Gums: Gums are not naturally swollen so please see your dentist. ...Read more
Oral hygiene: Since your braces collect more debris, plaque and tarter accumulate much faster around the brackets, it is more difficult to reach between the teeth and to floss, regardless, you should try harder when you have braces get you teeth cleaned every 3 m not 6 months. Brush and floss as usual and use a water pick to flush out the deposits and an interproximal brush to clean between the teeth. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is it for somebody to get painful gums?
- How common is it for somebody to get urethritis?
- How common is it for somebody to get rhabdomyolysis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is it for somebody to get narcolepsy?
- How common is it for somebody to get priapism?
- How common is it for somebody to get parotitis?
- How common is it for somebody to get ear swelling?
- Talk to a dentist online for free