Doctor insights on:
How Common Is It For Somebody To Get Rhabdomyolysis
Not common: Serious rhabdomyolisis is uncommon but needs immediate medical care. Preventable causes include overuse exercise without good hydration and use of certain recreational drugs. Mild rhabdomyolisis can occur with vigorous sports, but is rarely symptomatic and resolves quickly. The best preventive is good hydration during vigorous activity and don't overheat. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Maybe: Depends on severity. A mild to moderate case will improve with hydration and supportive measures. A more severe case is still treatable but can lead to complications such as kidney failure (temporary or permanent), irregular heart beat, and/or respiratory failure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Aggressive sex: I have not heard of this. So i must answer no. ...Read more
Rarely: In most cases the cause of rhabdomyolysis is benign and reversible like trauma, excessive exercise, drugs, infections, toxins.. And. The treatment is hydration and preventing kidney failure in addition to treating the cause. Rarely do these cases kill the patient. In rare cases the cause of rhabdomyolysis has a bad prognosis like myositis and myopathy and here the underlying disease is what kills. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on the route: If your kidney function is normal, and the offending activity or injury stopped, copious oral hydration should help your rhabdomyolysis resolve in a matter of days for mild cases. For more severe cases, intravenous fluids are sometimes necessary. In other cases still, the kidneys can sustain temporary injury which also requires intravenous fluids. All scenarios usually involve several days. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is it for somebody to get ureaplasma urealyticum infection?
- How common is it for somebody to get epiploic appendagitis?
- How common is it for somebody to get chest stab wound and not recover?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is it for somebody to get pleural effusion?
- How common is it for somebody to get cervical myelopathy?
- How common is it for somebody sad to get suicidal tendencies?
- How common is it for somebody to get mycobacterium tuberculosis infection?
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free