Doctor insights on:
How Common Is It For Somebody To Get Pyomyositis
Depends on stage: The clinical course of pyomyositis is variable. Although early-stage pyomyositis can be treated with antibiotics alone, most patients present with intermediate or advanced disease and, therefore, require both antibiotics and surgical drainage for definitive management. ...Read more
See below : Usually this requires emergent surgical intervention with a incision and drainage of abscess and debridement of any nonviable muscle and intravenous antibiotics . The course of antibiotics (choice and duration will depend upon what type of underlying bacterial infection is present. If this is your problem you need to seek medical attention emergently good luck thank you. ...Read more
Rare: The rule for meckel's is that 2% of the population is born with it. It occurs in the last 2 feet of small bowel. 50% of patients with symptoms will occur in the first two years of life. 50% of meckel's have gastric(stomach) tissue which makes acid and causes bleeding secondary to ulcers. This bleeding is painless. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is it for somebody to get epiploic appendagitis?
- How common is it for somebody to get chest stab wound and not recover?
- How common is it for somebody to get strangulation of genitalia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is it for somebody to get cervical myelopathy?
- How common is it for somebody sad to get suicidal tendencies?
- How common is it for somebody to get mycobacterium tuberculosis infection?
- How common is it for somebody to get rectal prolapse?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free