Doctor insights on:
How Common Is It For Somebody To Get Parotitis
Can dry mouth cause paratitis . Par gland swollen 7 weeks.going to ent but can't feel no masses.what test do I ask for to get piece of mind itnot canc?
Can bacterial parotitis last 5 or 6 weeks? Going to ent swelling for 5 weeks doc said paratitis took amoxicillin and levofloxacin none helping swell
Swelling from an: infection can last days to weeks after the initial insult to the tissue, depending on the location. For parotid gland infection, it would take more time for swelling to go down, especially if there is a stone obstructing the parotid gland. If there are no stones per ENT physician, then use warm compresses to help the swelling. If it still hurts, you may need longer antibiotic treatment. ...Read more
7 weeks of swollen partoid gland .but can't feel lumps feel normal.doc think paratitis my nurse sister said was wrong meds doc gave me .cancer scare?
Parotitis???: Most common thing that causes swollen parotid gland is infection with Mumps virus. Did you get the MMR vaccine when you were younger? When u get parotitis it obliterates thje angle of the jaw. you move back along the bottom of jaw bone and as it moves up towards your ear you can't feel it because of swollen gland. You decide who was right- Doc or Sis. Paro cancer very rare!!! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Trait is more common: The thalassemia trait is a fairly common finding in certain ethnic groups (those of mediterranean, african, and some asian descents). The trait is generally a mild condition the contributes to a mild form of anemia that generally does not cause any problems. If both genes are affected, a child will have thalassemia which causes a much more significant type of anemia. That condition is more rare. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is it for somebody to get urethritis?
- How common is it for somebody to get rhabdomyolysis?
- How common is it for somebody to get pyomyositis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is it for somebody to get priapism?
- How common is it for somebody to get ear swelling?
- How common is it for somebody to get swollen gums?
- How common is it for somebody to get gestational diabetes?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online