Doctor insights on:
How Common Is It For Bladder Cancer To Spread To The Brain
The bladder is a muscular organ in the pelvis that accepts urine from the kidneys, stores the urine at low pressure, & expels the urine during voluntary voiding. Though seemingly a simple reservoir, the bladder is a complex organ intricately connected with the brain and spinal cord with sensory, motor, and autonomic circuits. The muscular layer that contracts during voids ...Read more
Time of exposure: Most bladder cancers in the usa are likely a result of long term exposure of the urothelial lining of the urinary tract to water soluble toxins (eg, from smoking). The barrage of carcinogenic chemicals over time can result in tumorigenesis and thus with age the risk of such cancers increases in typical dose-response fashion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: It depends on the type of cancer and stage at the time sof diagnosis. If it is a non-aggressive form, it may take months or sometimes years to recur. If the tumor is very aggressive or advanced at the time of diagnosis, it is much more likely to recur quickly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: There is a concept of dose-response which means that a cumulative dose of carcinogens (from cigarette smoke in this example) can lead to tumor development. Consequently, the risk increases with time of exposure. Thus, older persons will carry a higher risk of cancer in this example, although occasionally relatively young patients may develop cancer of the bladder. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My father has bladder cancer, grade 4, stage less than 1 (aggressive but not spread). He is due an op and 6 chemical washes -what is like prognosis?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ringworm on the scalp
- Is it unusual for colon cancer to spread to the lungs?
- How common is it for somebody to get coarctation of the aorta?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for colon cancer to spread to the liver?
- How long should it take for a pinched nerve to heal after the pressure is off?
- How rare is it for a teen to get oral cancer?
- Is it common to get bladder infections with the nuva ring?
- Talk to a urologist online for free