Doctor insights on:
How Common Is It For A Staphylococcal Infection To Become Septic
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Yes lots: Staphylococcal infections are very common. Probably just about everyone has had numerous staph. Infections during a life time. Boils and skin pustules are invariable to to staph.. Post operative wound infections most commonly due to staph.. Worst, or most difficult to treat are mrsa, methicillin resistant staph. Aureus. Many of us have dormant staph. On our skin. Hence need for good hand washing. ...Read more
No: There is no ability for your body to form full protection from further staph infections in the future. In fact, your body is covered in staph on an ongoing basis every day (so is everyone else's) and staph is supposed to be there. Its just that sometimes, staph takes over and causes infections. You are still at risk of that happening again. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: 3 things affect you - one is that you use poor cleaning when injecting thereby pushing the bacteria on your skin into your vein. The second is that the drug may be contaminated with bacteria. The third is that long term IV drug abuse probably affects your immune system making you more susceptible to infections in general. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How common is it for a man not to show symptoms of chlamydia infection?
- How common is it for a woman not to show symptoms of chlamydia infection?
- How long does it take for a bladder to become a kidney infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is it for somebody to get ureaplasma urealyticum infection?
- How common is it for someone to need a complete blood count?
- Is it common for teen girls to get a urinary tract infection?
- How common is it for someone to need a barium swallow?
- Talk to a dermatologist online