Doctor insights on:
How Common Is Farsightedness And Astigmatisms In People With Downs Syndrome
Combined issues: Farsightedness (hyperopia) is an eye too short, light rays converge to a point behind the retina. Astigmatism is either cornea, lens, or both result in an optical light path as if the light were passing through a glass football, creating a complex image (conoid of sturm, a great topic for wikipedia). Uncorrected hyperopic astigmatism would produce a conoid of sturm behind the retina. ...Read more
.I'm being corrected for farsighted and astigmatism. I see better without them night is even worse?
Im farsighted/astigmatism/byfocal. When they correct the astigmatism it cuts my distance and makes words blurry. +.75/-.75/70. Closeup has glare.
Normal: Farsightedness with and without astigmatism is something you are born with. After age 38 the accommodative power of the lens decreases. People then "manifest' their hyperopic astigmatism. And it does seem to increase specially if it is significant amount, from age 38-45 rapidly. As long as you don't have any other eye diseases this is a normal phenomenon. See your ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Im farsighted with a mild astigmatism (90) do I have to have my astigmatism collect when wearing contacts? I see clear without them night is awful
What causes very rapid decline in vision to the point of needing glasses for astigmatism and farsightedness?
See an eye doctor. : Well, lots of things cause vision loss but the fact it seems correctable is good. You should see a eye doctor to really see for sure but, given your age, the two most likely culprits are cataracts and presbyopia. Usually cataracts give people better near vision initially but not always. Presbyopia, or aging of the lens, is most likely and necessitates reading glasses and sometimes distance glasses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Im farsighted & astigmatism. My contacts are very blurry at night & during the day. The lenses are toric and don't seem dry. I see better w/out them.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How rare is colon cancer in 20s and why is it rare in young people if it is rare?
- My cousin has chickenpox and i came in contact with him how contagious is it
- What is a liver lesion and how does it affect people with cirrhosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How are people with down syndrome treated in society?
- How much sugar is common in soft drinks and gatorade?
- How common is it for people with dementia 2 have hearing losswhat causes this?
- Itching breasts before and during my period how common is that
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free