Doctor insights on:
How Common Are Aggressive Tumors Found In The Jaw Area
Depends: Tumors in the jaw area can be oral cancers invading into the jawbone or rarely bone cancers of the jaw. These cancers can occur in the setting of chronic alcohol use, smoking, chewing tobacco. A thorough oral exam by an oral surgeon or ENT physician is a start to get an accurate assessment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it easy for a ENT Dr to see a throat or tonsil tumor? PCP says I have TMJ cuz my ear hurts into tonsil area and along lower jaw bone. Jaw clicks.
First, your surgeon: After a procedure, a surgeon will want to follow-up to make certain the area is healing properly, discuss the results of the surgery, and make any needed referrals to other doctors or specialists. ...Read more
I have 2 bumps one in the right part of my neck and one near my jaw they both hurt what could it be im scared it can be a tumor.
Several possibles: Inflamed lymph nodes are most likely but have a doctor evaluate the issue. ...Read more
? more information: I assume that you may have a tumor of your jaw with spread to lymph nodes in your neck. Hopefully, you are under the care of a good cancer surgeon, medical and radiation oncologists. This is a serious situation but likely noy hopeless with proper treatment. Good luck! ...Read more
Rare: Malignancies of the jaws are uncommon. The most common is multiple myeloma (usually 50-70 years), but some tumors, like osteosarcoma and ewing sarcoma are more likely in children (<20 years). No matter -- they are very rare in most groups. There are some differences between the mandible and maxilla, but they are really not that significant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes : It really depends on the type of the benign tumor. Some benign bone tumors can be treated successfully with radiation. Others respond to medications like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Some others can be left alone. Your doctor, dentist or oral surgeon will be the best person to give you these answers. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does the common cold last in adults?
- How to lose weight in the penis area?
- How to get rid of razor bumps in the penis area?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of a throbbing pain in the thigh area?
- How long do bone bruises in the knee area usually take to heal?
- What are the common causes of joint pain in a 25 year old patient?
- How can you treat a sebaceous cyst or skin trauma in the vaginal area?
- How many lymph nodes are in the groin area?