Doctor insights on:
How Can You Treat A Broken Arm
An arm fracture typically refers to a fracture of the bone in the upper arm, the humerus or of the bones in the forearm, the radius and/or the ulna. Fractures in the hand and wrist are usually not called "arm fractures". While many of these fractures are treated non-surgically in children, many of these fractures, particularly those in the forearm, ...Read more
A broken arm: can be anything from minor to major. Fractures have significant pain, deformity and loss of function. Fractures can be stabilized by a splint or Cast initially. An X-ray can confirm if there is a fracture and permanent treatment can be either casting , splinting or surgery depending on the fracture. ...Read more
Restrictions: A lot depends upon the location, degree, level of instability, effectiveness of treatment. You really need to get specific guidelines from your treating provider...But i always mention when asked that using a jackhammer and repelling down a steep mountain are probably out for most. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: It depends on what you mean by treatment - many fractures are treated only with a sling such as upper humerus (upper arm) fractures and many fractures if non-displaced and in good alignment will heal very well with minimal immobilization. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you treat a broken thumb?
- How can you have sex with a broken leg?
- How can you heal after removal of plates and screws of a broken ankle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you fix a broken thumb?
- How can you tell if a bone has broken in your hand?
- What sports can you still play with a broken arm?
- How long can you get pain killers with a broken hand?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free