Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell When Someone Goes Into Cardiac Arrest
No pulse: Cardiac arrest as the name implies is when the heart stops. When your heart stops beating, blood carrying oxygen does not flow to your body and brain. The body ceases all functions (you stop breathing, you are unconscious, the skin turns pale or blue). The best way to tell if someone is in cardiac arrest is to use a heart monitor (like carried by ems personel) to monitor activity of the heart. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you tell me what to expect with someone who has here experienced a truamatic event like a heart attack or cardiac arrest?
Can you tell me what to expect with someone who has had a family member die of brain death/cardiac arrest?
Grieving: The death of a loved one usually triggers grieving. The person may feel disbelief. Try to barter with god. Be angry. Be sad. At some point acceptance will come. This is a time to provide support. ...Read more
Can you tell me what are the chances of going into cardiac arrest if you have heart failure due to afib?
Heart failure: If you have heart failure from atrial fibrillation then your heart function could be reversed with good rate control and treatment of atrial fibrillation by medical therapy or cardioversion and/or ablation. If heart function is not improved and it is severely reduced then you will be at risk for sudden heart death. ...Read more
Cardiac arrest: If you die suddenly you probably have cardiac arrest. You won't know it however. When you have cardiac arrest your blood flow loss means you'll pass out in a few seconds. Should you feel suddenly like you're about to pass out best to call out for help and hope CPR is available. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell when pityriasis rosea is healing?
- How can you tell if someone is faking a headache?
- How can you tell which contact lens goes in which eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Without an autopsy how can you tell if someone died of a stroke or heart attack
- How can you tell if someone fakes a heart attack?
- What is a conversion disorder how can you tell if someone in your family has it?
- Can someone in cardiac arrest throw up while you are giving mouth to mouth?
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free