Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell The Difference Between Rotavirus And Norovirus
Doesn't matter: Although virologists can distinguish these, clinically it doesn't matter which a person has. Both are highly contagious, diarrheal organisms that are typically nonlethal but can put vulnerable patients, esp the very young and very old, at risk. Both are treated supportively with hydration, and prevention of spread is key. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Several: Rotavirus and norovirus infections are generally limited to the GI tract. Although influenza may also produce GI symptoms, the upper and occasionally lower respiratory tract symptoms, degree of fever, generalized muscle aches and degree of malaise are far more than one could reasonably expect from the first two viruses. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Yes: As an adult, you have more than likely been infected with the virus as a child and have some degree of immunity. Should you contract the infection, your symptoms will be less severe than a child contracting the infection for the first time. ...Read moreGet help now ›
If my baby got sick after her first rotavirus vaccination, should I tell the doctor not to give her the next one?
Get help now ›
Let your doctor know: It is always good policy to, and most physicians welcome when you, express medical concerns. Never hesitate to communicate with your doctor--he needs to hear from you. The two most important pieces of information upon which a physician bases his diagnosis and treatment plan is 1) patient history and 2) physical exam. Thanks in advance for helping us help you, so call or e-mail him/her soon. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Do not eat: Make sure you have enough to drink, since the main risk is for dehydration. If you do not feel like eating, do not eat. Once your appetite is back, start easy with a bland diet and advance it slowly. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Test: You cannot tell unless you test. Anybody else with similar symptoms around you? Talk to your doctor about it. ...Read moreGet help now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to tell the difference between norovirus and rotavirus?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between eczema and ringworm?
- How can you tell the difference between kidney pain and flank pain?
- How can you tell the difference between irreversible and reversible pulpitis?
- How can you tell the difference between testicular cancer and just epyditimitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a stress fracture and tendonitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a kidney and bladder infection?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online for free