Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell The Difference Between Kidney Pain And Flank Pain
You can't: The kidneys are partly in the flanks so you can't tell just by how it feels. It depends on your other symptoms whether it's from your kidneys or its muscular. ...Read more
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Having flank pain not constant and no other symptoms, could this be kidney related? I feel fine other than the occasional discomfort on right side
Yes: It is possible you have a urinary stone in your right ureter(the tube that urine from the kidney goes down to the bladder). You should have a plain Xray of the abdomen and also a renal sonogram. Another option is a CT scan of kidney with contrast. If the pain is severe go to the ER. If your doctor can see you tomorrow it would be less costly. In any case you need to get checked for possible stone. ...Read more
Not usually: The instances cysts causes pain are if the cysts expands rapidly as a result of bleeding into the cysts, infection , or rupture.Rarely the cysts can become large enough to press on surrounding structures including nerves and cause pain. Most cysts are benign and small and does not cause pain. ...Read more
Many possibiities: Anyone experiencing severe flank pain needs a full evaluation including imaging and blood work and urine analysis - while musculoskeletal pain is possible, other possibilities include kidney stones, pyelonephritis, appendicitis, visceral perforation, liver abcess, ascending cholangiitis etc etc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell the difference between backpain and kidney pain?
- How can you tell the difference between having heartburn pain and angina pain?
- How can i tell the difference between pancreas pain and gall bladder pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i distinguish the difference between back pain and kidney pain?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between irreversible and reversible pulpitis?
- How can you tell the difference between testicular cancer and just epyditimitis?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free