Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell The Difference Between An Ovarian Cyst And Ectopic Pregnancy
A pregnancy test: The pain associated with an ovarian cyst can be indistinguishable from an ectopic (or tubal)pregnancy. A negative pregnancy test however, effectively rules out an ectopic pregancy. If the pregancy test is positive, an ultrasound is needed to be certain that the developing baby is located inside the uterus and not in the fallopian tube (which connects the ovaries to the uterus). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
See your Doctor: It may be too early to tell, an ultrasound is the best way. See your doctor if you have pain or bleeding. ...Read more
No: In all normal pregnancies there is a cyst that develops in one ovary called the corpus luteum cyst. This cyst supports the early pregnancy and goes away on its own. Sometimes a "cyst" seen in or near the ovary does represent an ectopic pregnancy (most often in the fallopian tube". This is often accompanied by pain and bleeding. ...Read more
Ovarian cyst found 6 months ago. Just found out I am pregnant, could this cause an ectopic pregnancy?
No: Ovarian cysts are not related to tubal pregnancies. ...Read more
Not usually: Because a period will have been missed and it is incredibly more painful and it bleeds. ...Read more
If I have an ectopic pregnancy and it ruptures and causes internal bleeding can I lie and say it was a big ovarian cyst?
Does not.: A home urine pregnancy test is not affected by ovarian cysts nor location of implantation of the gestational sac. It will show just as positive in ectopics and in normal pregnancies. Serial blood HCG levels and transvaginal sonography are the cornerstones or ectopic diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell the difference between a cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between kidney pain and flank pain?
- How can you tell the difference between irreversible and reversible pulpitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell the difference between a stress fracture and tendonitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a kidney and bladder infection?
- How can you tell the difference between dehydration and a stomach virus?
- How can i tell the difference between a hemorrhoid and an enlarged prostate?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free