Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell If Your Wrist Is Broken
Yesterday i got really drunk and woke up with a lot of injuries. Don't remember much. How can you tell if your wrist is broken?
Great deal of pain: A broken wrist is very swollen and painful - if you have concerns, go to your doctor or an urgent care and they can examine you and get films. The fact that you seem more concerned with your wrist than you are with blackout drinking concerns me that you are in a great deal of denial. You need help before it gets even worse, talk to your doctor or other health care provider, consider aa/other help. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Wrist fractures : Generally take 6-8 weeks to heal meaning the fracture line is "gone" however a hairline fracture in a healthy adult may feel "healed@ ie pain free and be suitable for part time splinting after 3 weeks depending upon the circumstances . Children's fractures are different as kids heal faster and buckle fractures are technically stable . Still most buckle fractured are more comfortable casted. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Xray: If the bone is obviously sticking out or you can't move your wrist without severe pain, it's likely broken, however you can't really know without an Xray of the wrist. Once the xray is negative, we would consider it a sprain if there is pain and swelling over the area without evidence of fracture. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if your finger is broken?
- How can you tell if your foot is broken or sprained?
- How can you tell if your wrist is sprained?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if your spleen is enlarged?
- How can you tell if your uterus is swollen?
- How do you tell if your finger is broken or jammed?
- How can you tell if your stomach is bleeding from aspirin use?
- How can you tell if your knuckle is broken?