Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell If Your Knuckle Is Broken
Rather than : Trying to self -diagnose - seek medical eval. X-rays can be used to rule out fractures. ...Read more
I punched a wall and im not sure if my middle finger or knuckle is broken, how do i know? and how do i tell my parents about it
Hand bruise: as you think about things--make sure ice is applied as much as possible over the first 48 hours. if pain and swelling persists--you will need an xray. if the middle finger appears straight and not deviated--treatment would be buddy taping to the closest finger. Tell your parents early on rather than late. You will feel glad you confessed your mistake ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How can you tell if finger is broken or jammed. Index finger is quite swollen down into knuckle on hand. Can move it?
X-ray: The only real way to tell is with an x-ray. If you had a traumatic episode (ie falling on it) then it would also point to more of a fracture. If you had no injury to your finger and the finger is also swollen, then you may need to be evaluated for an infection if you have any open sores on the finger. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
None: Knuckle cracking does not cause joint damage. It just annoys others who have to listen to it. ...Read more
Sure: Your knuckle is a joint between your finger and hand called the metacarpal phalangeal joint. It can be dislocated and presents with deformity and pain. To know for sure you get an xray. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if your finger is broken?
- How can you tell if your foot is broken or sprained?
- How can you tell if your tailbone is broken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if your uterus is swollen?
- How do you tell if your finger is broken or jammed?
- How can you tell if your stomach is bleeding from aspirin use?
- How can you tell if a bone has broken in your hand?
- How can you tell if your thumb is broken?