Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell If Your Finger Is Broken
Pain, swelling, loss: Of motion, deviation, rotation, stiffness, throbbing, numbness, discoloration, tightness all can be symptoms of a finger fracture. If one suspects a fracture, then elevation, ice , splinting and urgent evaluation is needed as many seemingly simple fractures in the hand require a detailed understanding of what to do to optimize healing and return of function. ...Read more
X-rays: If you recently sustained trauma to your finger and there is any cause for concern that it might be broken, have a hand surgeon examine the finger and obtain plain film radiographs. Most broken fingers are swollen, painful to move and will have x-ray findings of a fracture.Frac. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if a finger is broken or sprained?
- How can you tell if your tailbone is broken?
- How can you tell if your wrist is broken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if your knuckle is broken?
- How to tell if your fingers broken?
- How can you tell if you sprained your finger?
- How do you tell if your finger is broken or jammed?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free