Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell If You Have Lyme Disease
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
See Lyme-literate MD: Lyme disease is surprisingly common but can be hard to diagnose. Most md's aren't too knowledgeable about it & may do a screening test that misses over half the cases & say you don't have it.No test is definitive- it's ultimately a clinical diagnosis. It's best to see a "lyme-literate" doc-see www.Chroniclymedisease.Com/llmd-referrals for an overview: www.Lymediseaseresource.Com/burrguide2008.Pdf. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: It depends of the stage of the disease and the specific area of the body affected. Primary disease will usually resolve in about 2 weeks. ...Read more
Depends if you mean: Acute lyme, progressive lyme that has reached the central nervous system, or the oft talked about "chronic lyme". Acute lyme, it is recommended to get on antibiotics to prevent central lyme/encephalitis, where meds are necessary. You can live with chronic lyme without medication. ...Read more
What can you tell me about Lyme disease testing? What are symptoms that would warrant getting tested?
Varied features: Lysis testing involves blood tests. There is a screening Lyme test and a Western Blot that is more specific. Symptoms vary and are often missed. Typical rash( bulls eye lesion ) may be seen fatigue, joint pain, neurological changes like facial numbness or Bell's palsy and many others ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell by the symptoms how far lyme disease may have progressed?
- How long can you have lyme disease without knowing?
- How long can you have dormant lyme disease for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if you have a sexually transmitted disease?
- Can you have lyme disease and test negative?
- Can you have lyme disease for years?
- Can you have relapses with lyme disease?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free