Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell If You Have Burst Your Eardrum
Look at eardrum : The best way to know is to have your doctor or an ENT specialist look in your ears. Very often when eardrum ruptures it is painful and the ear can bleed. If rupture is due to infection, cream-yellow discharge may follow. You may or may not notice a change in your hearing. If you do have a hole in your eardrum, your doc/ ENT will give you care and follow-up instructions. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can you tell me if a burst eardrum is very painful. But how does does this actually affect hearing?
Yes: Rupture of the ear drums can occur from infection, foreign body, q-tip use and rarely blowing your nose too hard with the nostril closed. But you can not know this unless you have hearing loss, and perhaps bleeding from the ear. You need a diagnosis. See your physician or better yet and ENT doctor. ...Read more
Not painful: A perforated ear drum usually is not associated with pain unless you have a middle ear infection. Also there are sensory nerves innervating the middle ear mucosa and depending on the size of the perforation, air from the outside may irritate these nerves and cause pain. If the perforation is more than 4-5 mm. Surgery can help. But when you say burst, it could be a tear and may heal on its own. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get meningitis if your eardrum bursts and infection gets into your brain?
- How can you tell if your having a heart attack?
- How can you tell if your having a boy or girl?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if you have torn cartilage or a muscle in your knee?
- How can you tell if you have a cut in your mouth or herpes?
- How to tell your doctor you have add?
- How to tell if you have plaque in your arteries?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online