Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell If You Are Hyperglycemic
Many: The most obvious sign of a hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state is an alteration in mental status or functioning. People may become lethargic or drowsy, confused, or even delirious. In severe cases a person may become unresponsive. Occasionally they can have seizures, visual problems, and movement or sensory problems. This is a dangerous condition that need immediate medical attention. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hyperglycemia: Symptoms of hyperglycemia can include feeling tired, thirstiness, increased urination, blurry vision or headache. Symptoms with ketoacidosis can include: weakness, confusion, dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, breath which smells like fruit & abdominal pain. ...Read more
See answer details.: Hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state is a complication of diabetes mellitus in which high blood glucose levels cause severe dehydration and an increase in serum osmolarity (relative concentration of solute); it is associated with a high risk of complications, including possible coma and death. It is related to diabetic ketoacidosis (dka), another complication of diabetes, but lacks the ketones of dka. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon can u tell if you are pregnant?
- How can you tell if your fallopian tubes are blocked?
- How early can u tell if you are pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon can a doctor tell if you are pregnant?
- How can you tell if you are pregnant?
- How can you tell if your hormones are not balanced?
- How can you tell if your spleen is enlarged?
- How soon can a beta hcg tell if you are pregnant or not?