Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell If My Thumb Is Fractured Or Broken
X-Ray, scan, or MRI: Usually a simple x-ray will give you the answer. Sometimes, especially soon after the injury, the x-ray will initially appear to be normal even though there is a fracture. Your physician if still suspecting a fracture may recommend an mri, or bone scan. Suspicion of fracture goes up with amount of pain and soft tissue bleeding, site of maximum pain, and findings of indirect pain on examination. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
6 weeks: Usually 6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if your thumb is broken?
- How can you tell if my ankle is broken?
- How could i tell if i have broken my thumb?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tape a broken thumb?
- How can you fix a broken thumb?
- How can you treat a broken thumb?
- How can i tell if my foot is broken?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free