Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell If Elbow Is Broken
Elbow sprain: Typically sprains heal over 6-8 weeks, however severe sprains or complete tears sometimes require reconstructive surgery. Initial rest and ice with anti inflammatories help. If your elbow moves but is very painful, or if you cannot move it at all, i would see your orthopedist to rule out a fracture. Fractures may having a catching or crunching feeling when trying to move your elbow. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Weeks to months: This can be a tough injury to recover from, mainly due to the work/time required to regain strength and range of motion. The key to recovery is range of motion - in most cases, you should begin range of motion at approximately 2 weeks, and subsequently progress to more aggressive rom as the bone heals. Typically a hinged elbow brace is used to protect the fracture while allowing range of motion. ...Read more
My daughters has a painful growth on her elbow resembling a corn...It looks like it has fluid in it. Can you tell me what this might be?
Probably a boil: A boil is an infected growth that occurs from rubbing an area or getting dirt into an area, especially after sweating. See your doctor as he will most probably lance the lesion and get the pus out. This will make it feel better quickly along with some antibiotics. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Less pain when you: Use it.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if my thumb is fractured or broken?
- How can you tell if your wrist is broken?
- How can you tell if your finger is broken?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell if your foot is broken or sprained?
- How can you tell if my ankle is broken?
- How can you tell if your tailbone is broken?
- How can you tell if a finger is broken or sprained?
- How can you tell if your knuckle is broken?