Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell If A Mole Is Cancer
Change & pathology: A mole may turn into cancer, melanoma. The process is usually associated with enlargement, color change, change in borders, bleeding, ulceration, development of enlarged lymph nodes related to the site. Confirmation requires removal of the lesion and examination of the tissue by a pathologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mole on my face that was getting bigger was picked off. Will they still be able to tell if it's cancer?
Mole: Tough question...If you still have the mole and it has not been too long, it might be able to be sent to the lab for analysis. Additionally, a biopsy could be taken from the area where the mole was removed to analyze any remaining mole. Otherwise, you and your doctor are left with watching the area. ...Read more
Get it examined: There are different types of skin cancer, which have different appearances. In general, any lesion which is getting larger in size is concerning. Ulceration, bleeding and itching are other concerning signs. Pain is usually not present, unless the cancer is large. Melanomas can be identified by the abcd's. I don't have room for that here. Get it checked out by your pcp or dermatologist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Get a Derm Consult: Melanoma typically is pigmented and has a dark color. Basal cell cancer may have a pearly appearance to it. However, you should not take a chance trying to diagnosis this yourself. Melanoma is a deadly disease and early detection can lead to a cure. Delayed detection can be fatal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How do I know if a mole is cancer? I have a family member who has a dark black mole that seems to be growing
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if a mole is skin cancer?
- How can you tell if a lump is breast cancer?
- How can you tell if someone is faking a headache?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can a ct scan tell if you have a kidney stone or cancer or something else?
- How can you tell if you have gastritis is it just a problem of too much acidity?
- How can you tell if a child is faking a tic disorder?
- What is a conversion disorder how can you tell if someone in your family has it?
- Talk to a dermatologist online