Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell The Difference From Peeing Blood And Being On Your Period
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
Usually Not: It's not normal to have blood in your urine. It may be a sign of an infection, a kidney stone or other pathology. If you take too much aspirin, it may affect your kidneys. Without a thorough history, I can't tell what is happening. If it resolves, then good but if it persists definitely get in touch with your doctor and let them know your symptoms. In the meantime, drink plenty of water. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hematuria: If you don't have a UTI with blood, you need to see a urologist. Hematuria (h) is a symptom, not a diagnosis. It could be coming from your kidney, your bladder. You need to have various tests to diagnose the cause. A renal ultrasound, an intravenous pyelogram and if these do not give you the cause, a cystoscopy where the urologist looks at your bladder is needed. ...Read more
It may be that the: Pressure induced to urinate is also forcing blood out of your vaginal vault. ...Read more
IT HAPPENS: Not unusual during your period.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if your period is coming?
- Can you tell if your pregnant from a blood test?
- How do you tell the difference between asthma and being out of shape?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell your period is about to start?
- How can you tell if your pregnant before missed period?
- Pleurisy or pericarditis how can you tell the difference
- How to stop your period from being heavy?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free