Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell Fracture In Hand
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Exam and an xray: If needed. Swelling, deformity and pain are common findings. ...Read more
An x ray: An x ray is the only certain way to know. ...Read more
Depends: If no pains: Or deformity or any complaints, we can leave it be, and maybe get some pt; if there is deformity we assess how does it affect the function of the hand? Then there is a possibility that in surgery we break the bone and realign it, then fix it. ...Read more
Need X-Ray: You can't tell if a hand bone is fractures just by looking at it. The old wives tale that says "if i can move it then it can't be broken" is not true. While many hand fractures do not need specific treatment or simple rest, some seemingly small injuries can cause big problems later. Injuires that are swollen enough to limit your motion should be checked out with an x-ray. ...Read more
An X-ray: Is used to determine if a bone is broken. Fractured means broken. ...Read more
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if fibia fracture healed?
- How can you tell if hand is broken?
- How can you tell if your baby has a collar bone fracture?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell the difference between a stress fracture and tendonitis?
- Weakness in one hand how can you tell if carpal tunnel or not
- How can you tell if a bone has broken in your hand?
- How to tell if you fractured your hip?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free