Doctor insights on:
How Can You Tell Difference Between Fractured Knee Cap And Bruised Bone
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
6-8 weeks: Generally bones heal in about 6-8 weeks. Various factors can affect the healing process, such as diabetes and smoking, both of which can increase the healing time. A fractured patella (knee cap) generally will heal in about 6-8 weeks (whether it undergoes surgery or not). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
It depends. : On the fracture pattern and method of fixation. Many orthopedic surgeons will allow people to weight bear as tolerated with the knee in full extension while in a brace for many fracture patterns whether treated operatively or non operatively. Consult your orthopedic surgeon for their recommendation. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I've had a fractured knee cap for over a year. My doctor doesn't know what to do. I'm in excruciating pain! help?
Act immediatley: Find a good orthopaedic surgeon soon.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have a hard knot on my right knee cap. Its been there for almost a month. It is tender to the touch. It doesn't move. Kinda feels like bone.
Bruises, or ecchymoses, are a discoloration and tenderness of the skin or mucous membranes due to the leakage of blood from an injured blood vessel into the tissues. Pupura refers to bruising as the result of a disease condition. A very small bruise is called a petechia. These often appear as many tiny red dots clustered together, and could ...Read more
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell a difference between a bruised or broken knee?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between kidney pain and flank pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell the difference between testicular cancer and just epyditimitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a kidney and bladder infection?
- How can you tell the difference between dehydration and a stomach virus?
- How can you tell the difference between a malignant and a benign tumor?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free