Doctor insights on:
How Can You Start Lactating Without Pregnancy
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Can you lactate a year after having a baby with all the pregnancy symptoms ad still be pregnant while on birth control?
Every now and then I seem to lactate out of one breast only. Is it normal I've had the mirena (levonorgestrel) for 3 years now? I've gotten false pregnancy tests b4
Below: It would be best to check in with your DR. There are some blood tests that need to be done. ...Read more
Ask your OB-GYN if : (s)he has seen any success with the regimen of daily hormones & nipple stimulation required. I must admit i've not seen any success in 36 years of practice, though i've had some adoptive parents attempt it. Another option used by lactation specialists is a set-up in which a small tube attached to a bottle is taped to the breasts, ending beside the nipples, so mom experiences nursing. ...Read more
A little is ok: Breast milk is very nutritious, and excellent for babies, so will be of no harm to adults (in small amounts). Breast milk is too rich, so will give an adult too much animal fat (yes, we are animals) and many extra calories (not good for cholesterol levels and one's arteries). A woman may have a hard time re-starting lactation if she had stopped weeks or months ago. ...Read more
Yes: However, this is usually a medical condition that is a symptom of something that is throwing the hormonal system out of balance. Talk to your md if you are having this condition. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can a woman lactate without pregnancy?
- How to start lactating without being pregnant?
- Can you lactate without being pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How early can you start having pregnancy symptoms?
- How early can you start showing signs of pregnancy?
- How long can you go without exercise before your body starts to lose muscle?
- How can you get rid of pregnancy without abortion?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online