Doctor insights on:
How Can You Sleep On Side After Total Knee Replacement Surgery
Pillow: There is no physical reason preventing you from sleeping on your side. You might try a pillow between your legs if you find it uncomfortable while your knee recovers. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It depends: Full recovery after knee replacement usually takes more than a year. Most patients reduce their use of pain medicines within two weeks of the replacement, by 6 weeks they are comfortable and usually by 3 months the knee is fading into the background, and life doesn't revolve around the new knee. Everyone is different and this is a general time line. If you are concerned tell your doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Forceful bending: A total knee replacement that has not regained adequate knee flexion after surgery can by treated with a manipulation under anesthesia. This procedure involves the manual disruption of fibrous scar tissue that can sometimes develop within the knee joint. Dedicated range of motion exercises, with a physical therapist and done independently, are critical to the success of this procedure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: It varies quite a bit. Some parltients do really well even within a couple weeks of surgery, while others dolly improve over several months. If your surgeon is happy with how your knee and X-rays look, I would not be too concerned. Hopefully you will soon turn the corner and start feeling better. ...Read more
See 1 more doctor answer
Yes: After knee surgery, the knee will ache at night and make sleeping difficult. It may get "restless" and cause muscle spasms in the 1st 2 months after knee replacement. This should gradually resolve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Range of motion: Work on getting full extension by placing pillow under your heel and pressing down on your knee to get it flat. Also. Work on your file ion as much as you can. Getting your range of motion back is the most important thing you can do for yourself. Then, focus on strength later. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will you be on pain medication after total hip replacement?
- How long until my knee feels better after total knee replacement surgery?
- Why can you not jump after total knee replacement?
- How can you rehab after a total hip replacement?
- Can you run after knee replacement surgery?
- How soon can i fly after knee replacement surgery?
- How can you recover from total knee replacement in less than six weeks?
- Is it normal to get lower back pain after a total knee replacement surgery?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free