Doctor insights on:
How Can You Rid The Body Of Excess Iron
Phlebotomy: For hemochromatosis (an inherited iron overload condition), treatment includes phlebotomy (removing blood in the same way as donating blood). This, of course, must be done under medical supervision. An option for those with iron overload due to multiple blood transfusions is the medication deferasirox, a chelating agent. ...Read more
Yes: The most common reason for iron overload is due to chronic transfusion. If the underlying condition improves, iron can be removed by bleeding the patient (phlebotomy). There are also oral medications that chelate (bind and lead to excretion of) iron. Prevention will be dependent on the underlying cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Smoking for decades, dr showed me photo of autopsy, is the black specks on lungs from excess iron or something?
Anthracosis: Black specs are called anthracosis. They are particles of soot, tar, and other environmental pollutants that we breathe in and are filtered out of the air by our lungs. The body cannot dissolve or absorb them, so they deposit over time. Everyone has some, but usually it is much heavier and darker in smokers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not Likely: Unless you are sucking on a sugar based source of iron, iron supplements are generally swallowed and not a source of increased decay. If you have dry mouth associated with the reason for your iron deficiency, then the dry mouth condition can increase decay. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of excess iron in the human body?
- How to get rid of excess vitamin d in the body?
- How can i get rid of the excess skin caused by my prior obesity?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get rid of parasites in the body?
- How can i get rid of excess body fat?
- How do you get rid of the fish smell from my penis?
- How can you get rid of thickened skin underneath a toenail?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free