Doctor insights on:
How Can You Reduce Eye Strain While Using The Computer
Refraction lubricate: First make sure that you have the proper refraction. At age 45, patients may start to develop presbyopia, the need for glasses to focus close-up. When you use your computer your blink rate will be reduced. This will contribute to dry eye. If your eyes feel scratchy after using your computer for a while i would suggest a lubricating drop prior to and during computer use. ...Read more
Yes.: There are many different things that can cause headaches so the first thing to do is to make sure that the eye strain is the reason. Musles inside the eyes contract when near work (like reading) is being performed. Prolonged periods of such contraction can lead to eye strain and headaches which can radiate to the temples; glasses can support the muscles so they don't have to work as hard. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes!: First, make sure your glasses are appropriate and the clearest they can be. Adjust your ambient lighting for least glare. Use artificial tears if necessary and practice the 20/20 rule: at least every 20 minutes, look up at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable : Computer eye strain is very common complaint now a days. Also called video or terminal display syndrome results from prolong focus on an electronic display. Usually symptoms of dryness, burning, stinging, fatigue , and blurriness are present. Take frequent breaks, and look away at distant objects. Use artificial tears. Close your eyes for a few minutes are a few suggestions. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Why does only my right eye always feel strained after lasik? 20/20 vision. Feels tender under they upper eyelid. Especially after computer use.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you reduce neck strain at the computer?
- Can you tell me how i can reduce the pressure in the eye?
- Can you suffer eye strain if you have been on the computer for couple of hours?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you reduce the appearance of road rash scars?
- What eye drops are good for dry eyes and how long can you use the drops?
- What is the best color combination on my computer to help reduce eye strain?
- How can you tell the difference between types of pink eye?
- Talk to a occupational medicine specialist online for free